The president has accepted an invitation to speak before the 113th National Convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S., which begins July 21 at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nev. The event is closed to the public.
In This Issue:
1. National Healthcare Upheld
2. Stolen Valor Act Overturned; What do you think?
3. VFW Supported Bills Clear Subcommittees
4. Senate Reviews Health and Benefits Bills for Vets
5. VFW Applauds State AGs for Protecting Student-Vets
The Department of Veterans Affairs has selected a site to serve as the location of a 21st century medical center in Louisville, Ky., replacing an existing 60-year-old facility.
(via AP) Joe Davis, the Director of Public Affairs for the VFW, said Monday that the three new sites being opened in Vietnam to search for MIA remains is great news for the families of missing soldiers waiting for closure three decades later. (video)
The nation’s oldest and largest major combat veterans’ organization is calling President Obama’s new “We Can’t Wait” initiative an extremely positive step that will help thousands of service members with manufacturing and other high-demand skills receive civilian credentials and licenses.
MEMBERSHIP REPORT FOR 2011-2012 PERIOD ENDING APRIL 30, 2012 DISTRICT COMMANDER 2011 2012 PERCENT PLACE 1 Garry Smethers 777 738 94.98 12 2 Joe Hunt 422 418 99.05 7 3 Harry Wolstenholme 1320 1278 [...]
CROWNEPLAZA–LOUISVILLE,KENTUCKY JUNE 21-24, 2012 THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 20012 2:00 PM REGISTRATION———————————————-CONVENTION OFFICE 6:00 PM LINE OFFICERS MEETING——————————–COMMANDER’S SUITE 7:00 PM COUNCIL OF ADMINISTRATION————————TAYLOR-WHITLEY FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2012 8:00 AM – 11:50AM REGISTRATION———————————————–CONVENTION OFFICE 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM SUPPLY SALES————————————————EXHIBIT AREA 8:30 AM JOINT OPENING MEETING—————————–TRIMBLE-TAYLOR-WHITLEY [...]
In This Issue
1. Soldier to Receive Posthumous MoH
2. VFW Testifies on Disability Claims Process
3. VFW Testifies on VeteranIs’ Health Bills
4. House Subcommittee Clears Vets’ Bills
5. VOW Act Website Launched
6. Two Korean War MIAs Identified